Wednesday 16 April 2014

Status quo: Still Bonkers!

My finals finish on 24th April 2014. My banking days are to begin on 7 May 2014. I am very nervous about that. What if my freedom just goes away? What if I become like those people sitting in Sagar Ratna having that bored expression on their faces?

This is making me go bonkers!

Somebody great once said that you need to be outside your comfort zone to achieve greatness. Well, the comfort zone is too cozy. Reminds me of the 'garden' and 'forest' discussion of my corporate governance class. Garden is like my safe haven and forest is like a really dangerous zone. I wanted to stay in a garden with the forest as my neighbour. Probably, by living with my grandparents in Delhi, I have actually tried to create that. Let's see how that goes. 

There is a group of friends which is going to McLeo and Dharamshala. Anyway, my parents donot really like McLeod Ganj and Dharamshala. I really wanted to go there with my friends and experience it. I want to go trekking, bask in the lap of the nature, do all that what Wordsworth and Tennyson do in their poems and then join my bank.

I am going bonkers. Is it because I am leaving a safe territory? Or is because I am leaving my friends and going? I spent 13 years in school and four years in am engineering college. I have never felt the anxiety while leaving those friends. How is that friends I met just an year ago became so important? I think there is a study thing also. I am going to embark a new journey where I have no idea how I am going to fare. School and college were easy. You study, you score. In a job, the criterion changes. During my MBA days, I realised the more experienced a person is, the more he went out for trips. Probably it's the missing thing, while working. My friend Richa's sister thinks that when you have the time, you don't feel like going, sometimes because you don't have the money and sometimes the mood. But when you have the money, you donot have those senseless friends and energy to go, despite the cash in your bank. 

My worst nightmare is to get bored with myself. I like myself. I want to go to new places. Is that bad? Does that make me somewhat of a 'brat'? Mothers say that the world is cruel. I still want to see it. Call me crazy but I have already started looking for holiday destinations for the long weekend in October. I actually understand the Pepsi' ad campaign now. It is designed for us.'oh yes Abhi'

I am still going bonkers. Time to go study....take care..:-)

1 comment:

  1. i wish we were still like gurleen and bhavik...when even a trip to the road outside home gives you so much pleasure .... but m sure we all are capable of finding friends who will be like us willing to break those cages and experience things beyond office life

    ReplyDelete