Sunday 15 September 2013

The Most Underrated things in life

I have been having quite a frenzy already. I have so much to think about,so much to do.

What do I do first?
I switch off my phone. Grab Richard Branson's autobiography and go outside in the main garden grounds. Look for a tree and just sit under it. Its scorching hot and others may feel that one is trying to get roasted up.
But you just do it anyway.

I open my book and then after a few vacant seconds, I give up. I close the book. Its yellow somewhere and green at some patches in the park. There is some natural hue around at places. Many birds are tweeting around. I then try to look at the sky above through the tree branches. It was as if the branches were the new "sky".

I tried thinking of the things happening all around me before I came here. It was not that I have forgotten about it. I just thought that they will find their own space and time. It was as if I felt at peace with myself. The same "peaceful" feeling when I had gone to the temple before leaving for Delhi during my internship.

I guess sitting under the tree and and closing your eyes, while trying to forget the ants who might attack, brought things in a different perspective.

It was like driving home after a long day from college or like lying on your bed staring at the ceiling and thinking about nothing.

Like a morning dream, which is forgotten as soon as you open your eyes or finding that cool spot under the pillow when its hot.

I am not being preachy but sometimes we have to stand for what is right. The "truth" probably is the most underrated things in life. There are people who can try to hide it but I feel even the truth now is relative. The truth may be different for me, a bit different for you.

I think even the quest of finding yourself is an underrated thing. It is as underrated as using a new toothbrush for the first time or closing your eyes falling asleep instantly.

You know what else is one of the most underrated things in life?
Sitting under an old tree with nothing to do but just sit and forget the world for sometime(at least, till the heat eats you up).

No comments:

Post a Comment